Swapping Dual-boot Master And Slave Hard Drives?
That is tip number 1 for dual-booting your favorite Linux distribution and Windows. SHADOW killer. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDualBoot If you give information you will get better help. That means the connection is right. this content
And you do not have to disconnect the Windows drive. However I can only have one of the hard drives in the "boot order" menu at a time, and that is always the #1 drive. Tip Number 2: When attempting to dual-boot on a computer with one hard drive, always install Windows first, followed by your Linux distribution. I recommend to upgrade the system before installing win 7(if not win 7 is going to run very bad). http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-dual-boot-on-separate-hard-drives.4175/
Ide Hard Drive Jumper Settings
Support and document costs climb with every option you give the user base. Also, similar pgms. Feb 4, 2003 #4 SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715 +397 I think what he's saying is he has XP pro on 1 hard drive and XP home on the PC Hardware forum About This ForumCNET's Forum on PC hardware is the best source for finding help, troubleshooting, and getting buying advice from a community of experts.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Off-Topic Tags How-tos Drivers Ask a Question Computing.NetForumsGeneral HardwareHard Drives Solved Dual booting 2 different ide drives Tags:Microsoft Office 2007 professional (aca...IDEDriveoptical driveHDD danieloconnor June 20, 2011 at 10:12:15 Specs: XP Its a "dual" Pentium III total 2.0 GHz cpu with 1 gig of DDR RAM running windows 2000 spk 4. How To Connect Two Hard Disk In One Pc Allow the computer to boot normally and you should see all your drives (C, D, E, F…).
No shouldn't be a jumper problem if you have the Pro drive as master and the Home drive as slave and the Home drive second on the ide cable. How To Connect Ide Hard Drive To Motherboard like Norton "disk doctor", etc. In the system where this screen shot was taken, /dev/sda3 is the boot partition. Reply MikeTek July 10, 2016 at 6:36 pm Actually, slave is the middle connector and master is the end.
Kurt September 14, 2012 at 12:58 pm ·Reply Well no, you can't do this with out disconnecting and reconnecting the windows drive. Master Slave Hard Drive Jumper Settings Currently I have not installed anything yet. EDIT Edit this Article Home » Categories » Computers and Electronics » Hardware » Internal Components ArticleEditDiscuss Edit ArticleHow to Configure Master and Slave in BIOS for Two Hard Drive Disk One HD is running XP Pro - Master XP Home - Slave Cheers Feb 4, 2003 #1 Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 664 I think you will have to reinstall the
How To Connect Ide Hard Drive To Motherboard
They're smaller than I thought. news A progress. I like to keep the windows drive disconnected during the Linux install to prevent accidents. I am not sure how to connect the ribbon cable. How To Install Ide Hard Drive
- If the orginal HD can be mounted and you have access to another HD, install the replacment HD as drive C and the old one as drive D, or as the
- Now I only get techs that either don't know how, or won't/can't address it.
- No > changes at all are made to the windows drive MBR or > anything else, and windows will just boot when you > select it from the grub boot menu.
- As far as I know, there is no practicable way to do this except to first install Windows with the disk as the first drive, as that is the only way
- In this case shrinking a partition is pointless as a disk with msdos partition table only can hold 4 primary partitions.
- PCs are commodity items built for the millions with some limitations on what they do.
- finid September 14, 2012 at 7:04 am ·Reply But the tip is not for those "primarily using linux." It said to "locate the Windows system partition on the SSD." Caesar Tjalbo
- Basically, to go further you need a custom bios to offer anything that's now available to newer mtrbds.
- Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.
- How to convert a circle to a ring Are the Ferengi racially discriminated against by members of the Federation?
In other words, why is it recommended to locate linux on the hd? Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Re:Bingo! And will each of these operating systems have the potential to read/write all other drives on the motherboard? have a peek at these guys But I'm not 100% sure on that.
Two IDE and one SATA. Seagate Ide Hard Drive Jumper Settings Is Central admin is there in Office 365 SharePoint online 2013 / 2016 big circle in math mode How many Ents were at the Entmoot? Now figure out where your additional drive is going to go.
This page is about re-installing the boot loader after having installed windows.
Or do I need to be concerned with Kurt's option described above? I then used EasyBCD to dual boot. Bill still owes me for Windows 2.11 not to mention the $#%^ Windows 95 that wouldn?t work with AMD processors greater than 350mhz. How Many Hard Drives Can Be Connected To A Single Ide Cable Flag as...
Yes No Not Helpful 0 Helpful 1 Unanswered Questions My IDE hard disk is locked, how to unlock without my password? Instead, I want to give them a hard drive of their own, totally independent of my hard drive and any changes I may make on it.Are we clear? As windows will > only boot if it is the first drive, use the grub map > command to switch the first and second drives. check my blog Still looking for ways to recover the original boot sequence installed through BIOS settings while installing XP on the primary drive.
I want to boot drive E: and get a full Windows 2000 operating system.A suitable alternative is to change the name of hard drives (or partitions thereof) so that what was Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience. A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !) Terry60, Nov 23, 2009 #10 aliasjanedoe New Member As far as Linux they are /hd0 /hd1 etc I believe.Is this extra drive on an IDE ribbon in the PC or is this an external drive?