Random Freeze On XP Welcome Screen
If one of your computer's RAM modules fails completely, your computer won't even turn on. I followed the guide but could not fix the problem. Sep 23, 2011 Vista desktop random freeze, dark screen, no cursor Feb 14, 2012 Windows XP Stays On Loading Screen on Start Up After Game Freeze on Sims 3 Aug 28, If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post).
Computer Freezes Randomly Windows Xp
My scan is now clean although my TrendMicro Software is picking up several viruses/trojans that it cannot remove and google searches are redirected. One of my issues is I am running an OC'd processor just so I can get the right ram to CPU ratio so it will even work - which it does Presumably one of the startup tasks fails intermittently, or deadlocks with another startup task, but I don't know which one(s) are the culprits. Shortly after starting Windows, the computer froze like previously (cursor quit moving and Task Manager quit updating).
- Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - freezing issues by docqualizer / November 21, 2008 10:56 AM PST In reply to: Windows XP system just randomly freezes, what?s causing this?
- There could be other issues that could cause the freeze ups but the 3 above seems to be to be the most prevelant based on my experience.
- Clear the CMOS.
- Is my hard drive too small?
- Back to top #12 ZapZap ZapZap Topic Starter Members 17 posts OFFLINE Local time:06:41 AM Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:53 PM Ok, I did the memtest and got past
- Fix Windows XP Freezes up Problems When you successfully get into the system, you will see Windows Boot Genius icon.
- or is my best bet just to buy a bigger PSU and install it to see if that fixes the problem? 10-27-2012, 07:55 PM #11 spunk.funk TSF Team, Emeritus
- share|improve this answer edited Aug 20 '15 at 4:50 Community♦ 1 answered Dec 14 '09 at 16:21 harrymc 194k7171421 Thanks, I didn't know about the /SOS option. –Brad Payne
- Regards,Brooks Back to top #11 ZapZap ZapZap Topic Starter Members 17 posts OFFLINE Local time:06:41 AM Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:51 PM Thank you, I will get the
- The only two entries are: "Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 5.01. 2600 Service Pack 3 Multiprocessor Free." "The Event log service was started." Update 1: Many thanks for that but I found
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / November 21, 2008 5:59 AM PST Question:I have a question: Why does my laptop suddenly stop? So I don't think it's the fault of those programs! See How To Fix a Blue Screen of Death instead of this guide.Important: If your PC is in fact booting to the Windows login screen, you see any kind of error Ccleaner Make a Bootable CD/DVD or USB with a Simple Click Download Windows XP freezes Fix program and install it in any accessible Windows computer.
Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Re: error code by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 16, 2011 11:36 PM PDT In reply to: Hard Drive test unsuccessful The only How about sticking your Windows install disc into your tower and do a system restore ( be careful not to choose the reformat option) make sure to back up any important Replace the Data Cable to the current HDD and choose a different Power Plug. When it's frozen, the mouse cursor works but there's no response to input, and the only fix is to hard reboot.
Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB drive to the computer, and then follow the tutorial in the interface to burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB drive. Malwarebytes would that work? While unchecking boxes, in the Startup section, there is 2 ctfmon items. Sometimes things don't work exactly as they should, especially after Windows has installed updates or there were other major changes to the operating system the last time it was up and
Windows Xp Freezes After A Few Minutes
That's the easy part, the hard part is finding which process is hanging the system. But was the 12-24 hours a typo, did you mean 12-24 passes or am I suppose to run the program for that many hours? Computer Freezes Randomly Windows Xp Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - HERE IS A STORY FOR THOSE WHO SAY MAC'S ARE TROUBLE FREE by GEO2003 / December 9, 2008 5:35 AM PST In reply Windows Xp Keeps Freezing Once Windows restarted, I added the checkmarks back to the places removed for the clean boot trial.
I have been running it for over a two weeks and so far it's spot on. navigate here Related Resources solved Windows 7 Freezes after login... Replaced HD couple of years ago. Reseat everything you can get your hands on. Chkdsk
This pc I'm on was infected with Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD. Run both Quick and Extended tests.A Fail is either test should make you suspect a failing hard drive.Okay, I've just finished running both the quick and extended tests and both have Then I ran Windows Defender and it found... http://hcsprogramming.com/windows-xp/random-crashes-xp-pro.php It tries to process all things all the time but, it's not the ADHD software we all seem to need.
I should be able to get 12 hours in though on Wednesday. TechSpot Account Sign up for free, it takes 30 seconds. Or maybe your Windows 8 computer restarts automatically sometime after it begins to load, causing what's called a "reboot loop." Sometimes your computer might even stop at a point where you
You can delete some data or move data from the main drive to other external drive and defrag the internal drive.
Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. I'm either looking at the wrong place or it's not showing up. Without notice, while running programs or simply surfing the Internet, it sometimes just stops, it doesn?t turn off, it just freezes and becomes motionless, and there is no way I can Nevertheless, if Windows XP freezes on startup or or shutdown is related with hardware failure, there is no software helps other than ask the help of computer repair service!